An American reporter in Japan

Friday, October 06, 2006

Beautiful Lengths

So I have been growing out my hair for about three years (and I am not very patient with my hair, so that is some kind of miracle). Anyway, I am going to get it cut for this organization called Beautiful Lengths sponsored by Pantene. They make wigs for women who have lost their hair to cancer treatment (Locks of Love makes wigs for children who have lost their hair to cancer treatment). It seems only fitting since I am a cancer survivor & so many women I know have lost their hair to chemo--which can be very traumatic for some. Here's the cool thing--my friend, Ramona, has hair that is past her waist. When I told her I was growing my hair for this cause she said she would get some of her hair cut for it, too. So we are going for our haircuts on Tuesday--she is getting 20 inches cut and I only have a measly 8 inches--but I think it is cool. And we are going to lunch to celebrate our new haircuts.

2 Comments:

Blogger calabanya said...

Yay Roxie! Is that Ramona Venegas?

6:13 PM

 
Blogger roxley said...

Yes, Ramona Venegas. She hasn't had her hair that short for years. I will let you know how it goes. We are both kind of excited about it.

5:27 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home